Monday 8 January 2007

Checking the Traps

I haven't written anything about it yet, but I have been checking my traps every day since I set them. Until now there has been no disturbance. I believe the lack of snow may spoil the squirrels foodwise, making my almonds uninteresting. Below: The collapsed trap.














What I found today however, was that the stone deadfall had fallen down and the baitstick with the bait gone. There was no sign of any squirrels, but it seems like strangely enough, that a roe deer has taken my bait. This trap is lying straight by a well used roe deer path and there were some fresh, but weak tracks. Below: The path.


















I also prepared some elm bark and cut a beaver felled elm to a shaft for a stone axe. Both of these processes will be decribed in posts coming up quite soon (within weeks).